Working from home

Working from home

Your own space. Your own time. Your own boss. There are lots of benefits when self-employed and working from home. It’s important to have the basic administration completed, including the correct home insurance.  

Depending on the nature of your business, you may require specialist home insurance to cover you and your assets. Computerquote Insurance offer specialist insurance for home-based professionals. 

Standard home insurance covers

The traditional workplace has become much more flexible, allowing employees to work from home. Most home insurance policies will cover business equipment as standard, however, the level of cover can vary, therefore it is best to check the policy wording booklet. 

Advising us of your work situation allows us to check your cover, and offer additional cover if necessary.

Working from home: Office use

Examples: Home based graphic designers, freelance copywriters and journalists, home based administrators.

If you are only using office equipment such as a laptop or desktop computer, printer and tablets, then clerical use should be sufficient. However, if you are working for an employer, check with them to see if they have insurance in place for company owned equipment, as you do not want to double up on insurance.

All home workers environments are different; therefore it is best to speak to an insurance advisor to obtain a specialist home insurance quote.

Specialist home insurance quote request

Working from home: Client visits

Examples: Home based hairdressers, beauticians, carpenters, chiropractors, accountants and consultants.

If you run a business, where you have customers or clients coming into your home, then you will need to speak to our sister company Stride, who specialise in working from home insurance policies, including:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Employer’s liability insurance
  • Professional indemnity insurance 
  • Business equipment insurance

Visit or call 0800 840 6699 or 023 9224 8780.