There are occasions when situations arise during our lifetime, that require legal help to resolve difficulties. Employer relations, faulty goods or services and increasing identity theft, are all cases that may affect everyone.
Family Legal Protection is designed to provide adequate protection if you find yourself in a legal dispute.
Computerquote Insurance Family Legal Protection
Computerquote Insurance offers extended legal cover for your household insurance policy from General Legal Protection (underwritten by Amtrust Europe Limited). Family Legal Protection offers enhanced cover with no minimum claim or waiting period at a great value price of £22.00 per year including Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate.
What is covered?
Computerquote Insurance Family Legal Protection provides you, your spouse and any children under 21 years old with cover for:
Up to £50,000 of legal costs to engage solicitors to pursue:
- Claims arising out of an accident causing injury or death
- Contract of employment claims
- Consumer disputes
- Claims relating to damage to your home
£5,000 medical costs to pay for private hospital treatment following an injury where you use the Legal Costs cover to pursue a claim against a third party.
£50,000 of Legal or Accountancy costs to pursue:
- Criminal or civil proceedings
- A detailed examination by H M Revenue & Customs into your personal and private tax affairs
- Free access to a confidential helpline handled by experts who will listen carefully and provide guidance that is tailored specifically to your needs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Free counselling from following any trauma or accident.
- Free technical and installation advice from a National Security Inspectorate approved security specialists.
- Free access to a qualified trade’s person to deal with household emergency repairs. Call out charges and costs will apply, but the emergency may be insured through a home insurance policy.
What is excluded?
Family Legal Protection is subject to the following exclusions:
- Claims where there are no reasonable prospects of recovery
- Legal costs incurred prior to written approval
- Libel or slander
- Criminal or deliberate acts
- Any children over the age of 21 years
- View the documents below for the full terms and conditions of the policy.