Open all Close all

To make a claim on your car, van or motorcycle insurance policy, call the Computerquote Claims Line on 0800 328 5552, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

With just one call to the Computerquote Insurance Claims Helpline, we can help with any accident, breakdown, damage to your vehicle or injury to you or your passengers and any authorised drivers, anywhere in the UK or Europe, regardless of who is at fault.

We take all details over the phone and immediately notify and complete all the necessary forms for your insurance company as well as directing you to your nearest approved repairer, recovery agent, windscreen provider or any other service required.

Calls may be recorded for security and training purposes.

The choice of cover (Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party Only) is up to you.  

Select the cover that suits your needs:

Third party – the minimum most insurers offer

Third party insurance covers other people (third parties), but not you. If you injure someone or damage their property, they’re covered but if your own van is damaged or stolen, you have to pay for the loss yourself.

Third party, fire and theft

Third party, fire and theft covers other people. So, in that respect, it’s like third party.  But if your own car is damaged, you have to pay for repairs yourself, apart from repairs or replacement if your van is stolen or damaged by fire.

Like third party insurance, third-party, fire and theft isn’t always cheaper than fully comprehensive cover – always compare prices.                

Fully comprehensive

As well as third-party, fire and theft cover, comprehensive includes repairs to damage to your own van.

You can claim for:

  • Repairs after an accident
  • Accidental damage
  • Vandalism, for example if someone deliberately scratches your van
  • Damaged windscreen

If you have a van that is purely for your own personal use and you are employed then some insurers will allow a small van to be insured as a 'private car'.     If your van is used by you or other drivers for your own business then you will need a commercial policy. 

Social Only - personal use of your van by you (and your spouse) for shopping, visiting friends etc.

Carriage of Own Goods - use of the van for your own business e.g. as a plumber, florist etc.  Tools and any goods are not covered.

Carriage of Goods for Hire or Reward - moving goods belonging to other people or for other people, usually small items locally .  The goods are not covered.

Haulage - moving large items or bulk deliveries longer distances, including internationally.                                                                                

Note: named drivers (other than spouses) do not get the benefit of personal use of the vehicle.

Yes, it is a statutory requirement to have insurance for your motor vehicle. If you are not using it then you must apply for a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN), otherwise the authorities will become aware that you have an uninsured motor vehicle and there are penalties that can be imposed.